How to Switch to GHS Federal Credit Union


  • As a federal credit union, we’re a non-profit organization that is member owned. Every member who has a share account is shareholder of the company, earning interest on their account.

  • Only certain people qualify to be a member of our credit union. You must live, work, worship, study or volunteer in Broome, Chenango, or Tioga counties.
  • You will need a government issued ID, your full address, your social security number, and birth day to open a new member account at GHS.
  • Once your account is open, you can fund it and sign up for an online banking account.
  • External transfers can be scheduled through online banking or the mobile app to move your money from your old checking account into your new one. Once it’s at GHS, you can arrange it among your share accounts as you please. You can even do a credit card balance transfer too.
  • GHS is here to help with any questions concerning your accounts and managing your money goals! Stop in to a branch or call us if you need us at (800) 732-4447.