Current New & Used Auto Loan Rates
Auto and Truck Rates
|Loan Type||Term (Approximate)||Non-Variable APR*
Rate shown as low as with discount up to .50%**
|Auto/Truck 2020 or Newer Models||To 48 Months||2.00%|
|72 - 84 Months||3.25%|
|Auto/Truck 2011–2019 Models||To 48 Months||2.75%|
|Up to 75 Months||4.00%|
Auto Loan Benefits
- Comfortable terms to fit your budget. Spread your payments over 84 months. (That’s seven years!)
- Select either variable or fixed monthly payments
- No cash down! GHS provides up to 110% financing on new and late-model vehicles**
- Refinance your existing auto loan with GHS Federal Credit Union LOW rates
- Super low APR*
Factors Impacting Your Auto Loan Rate
The loan for a new, used, or refinanced vehicle is subject to several unique factors. The most prominent factors that impact an auto loan rate include:
- Term Length: Long loan terms provide much lower monthly payments, although their overall interest rates will be higher. In contrast, shorter-term lengths run high but save more interest principal in the long run.
- Credit Score: Those with high credit scores are eligible for lower rate auto loans due to their proven ‘safe’ investment status. Subprime credit holders rarely find auto loans below a certain margin.
- Down Payment: By providing advanced surety to lenders, the size of your down payment can drastically reduce the overhead cost of your auto loan.
Auto Loan Calculator
Auto loans from GHS FCU are more than just percentages: they’re incredible opportunities to save big while doing less. Discover how much you could save each month with the GHS FCU auto loan calculator.
Auto Loan FAQs
Q: What insurance requirements do you have for auto loans?
A: Full insurance coverage is required on every vehicle GHS FCU finances. Any insurance switching will require a new proof of insurance submission, while lapsed coverage may be subject to force-placed insurance and its associated costs.
Q: If I have bad credit can I qualify for an auto loan?
A: GHS FCU strives to provide financial assistance to every member, including you. Those with an imperfect credit history or subprime score may still be eligible for competitive auto loans. Call the loan team at 607-723-7962 for further assistance with your auto loan application.
Q: How long does it take to get a lien release after paying off an auto loan?
A: GHS FCU automatically distributes a lien release within one week of a confirmed payoff date. Lien releases may also be picked up at the GTS FCU office branch in Binghamton, or processed on the same day with adequate advance notice.
There’s no better time to buy – or refinance a new or used vehicle with a GHS auto loan than right now. Our flexible terms and budget-friendly monthly payments can put you in the driver’s seat in no time.
**On new and late model vehicles, GHS will finance up to 110% of the NADA (National Automotive Dealer Association) retail value plus tax and title.
*** GHS’s normal underwriting and processing guidelines apply.